Healthy food should become a high priority in everyone’s diet. It will make you feel your great and provide the nutrition you need to function at your best throughout the day. Here are a few easy tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Cook from scratch- This will ensure that you know exactly what goes into your food.
- Know what you eat – if you know where your food comes from and how it is prepared, you will understand how it affects your body.
- Your calories should be nutritious – Avoid eating or drinking empty calories, these include high sugar sodas, candies and desserts. Instead choose foods high in nutrition, protein, fibre and good fats.
- Read your labels – When buying anything packaged, make a note to read the labels. Know the portion sizes recommended and the sugar, salt and saturated fat contents of what you eat. Contents with E numbers should be avoided.
- Sleep is key – Sleep repairs are bodies and is essential to regulate our hormones, metabolism and assist in growth.
- Be active – Exercise is important for the mind and the body. Include at least 30 minutes of exercise per day and try your best to get it done in the morning.
- Drink water – When at home or dining out opt for water. You should consume at least 3 litres per day.
- Breakfast is important – Start your day right with a protein packed breakfast. It will keep you full all the way till your next meal.